Recruitment Skills Training
A skills programme by Tremendis Learning
Leadership opportunities are often thrust upon us unexpectedly. However, if you have followed the above steps and prepared yourself properly, you will be in a strong position to make the most of the opening. Here are a few practical tips to help you get off to a good start.
- In most cases, your best bet is to begin with an analysis of the situation. Decide what is needed, and how you can best achieve it.
- Some leadership positions require you to set the objectives for others to follow. In these situations, scheduling, consultation, and team building are essential to success.
- Leaders often need to work as intermediaries between two groups - those wanting the results (boards or executive groups, for example), and those who will deliver the results. In this case you need to establish good communication channels with both parties.
- Try to pick teams that have a good balance between competent managers and energetic, loyal team members. Teams need consistent, positive energy levels to sustain momentum. Therefore, choosing a team according to the mix of talent required, rather than based on friendships or politics, is critical.
- If you are trying out new systems or approaches, surround yourself with the right people, create a framework for support, and document the process so you can later evaluate what you have done.
Recruitment Skills Training is a service offered by Tremendis Learning CC (2006/019194/23). Copyright Protected 2016, All rights reserved. Designed by Monre J Botes.